Summer brings all the things we look forward to, cookouts with the family, baseball games, late nights spent looking under the stars, and more. Summer is a time where we are less concerned about what’s happening inside and more concerned about getting enough “play time”. With this is mind, our clothes can take a beating. From fading to grass stains and everything in between. In the summer, we must be more diligent about cleaning our modest boutique clothing, so that those timeless summer passes will last more than just one summer. Here are some of our favorite tips and tricks to keep your wardrobe looking like new!
No More Fading!
Have you ever gone to put on your favorite raspberry colored t-shirt and instead found a faded version of it when you open the drawer? Nothing can be more irritating than your new clothes (or most loved) clothes looking like they were from 5 summers ago. It’s important to us that your modest boutique clothing stands out and never fades, here is how:
- Wash only with like clothing.
- Wash on cold ( we promise, they will still get clean)
- Wash inside out
- Spot treat between washes
- Use a specialized detergent that will neutralize the chlorine found in water (which can cause fading)
- Hang to dry. If you need to use the dryer, use a short cycle and less heat to prevent fading.
Get Rid of Stains For Good!
Don’t let the fear of staining your new Peplum top, keep you from enjoying the food and festivities that summer has to offer. If you’ve got a stain-we’ve got the remedy. Keep your boutique clothing stain free, with these tried and true methods:
- Ketchup Stains - Ketchup is almost synonymous with summer, as it’s used to top almost everything that comes off the grill. Ketchup can be treated easily, if you act fast. If you get ketchup on your clothes, wipe off with a spoon or knife (don’t dab or rub). Then run it under cold water, from the backside. If the stain still persists, use a spot treater. Repeat until stain is gone. Club soda is a good alternative, as well.
- Grass Stains - Even if you’re not the one sliding into homebase, knowing how to remove grass stains is important to you and your family’s wardrobe. All you need to get rid of grass stains is an old toothbrush and some white toothpaste (not the gel variety). Who knew? Simply use a small amount of toothpaste, run the toothbrush under cold water and scrub until the stain is gone. Pretty simple, right?
Don’t let summer stains get the best of you and your wardrobe. Pretty much any stain you encounter can be removed.
If you would like more tips and tricks about how to keep your modest boutique clothing in tip top shape, you can find more information, here.