Cold temperatures and non-stop snow have many of us daydreaming about flying off to sun-drenched, white sandy beaches and relaxing while drinking one of those fun drinks with an umbrella.
Luckily, spring is just around the corner, which means many of will take some time off during “spring break” to plan a little vacation with our friends or family. Whether you’ve been planning a tropical vacay for months or just want to get away for the weekend with the family, we’re offering some of our best tips on places to go and what to wear. If you’re in need of a new vacation outfit, you can always check out our new arrivals and boutique clothing we offer on our website, Simply Fate Clothing.
Usually, if you’re planning on going to a tropical destination for spring break, you’ve done a lot of planning beforehand to make sure everything runs smoothly. Assuming you’ve taken the time to plan out your trip and purchase the essential items, tickets, book hotels, etc, we’ll offer some outfit ideas for you to wear as you soak up the sun (safely, of course).
If you’re trying to get away from the cold, chances are when you get to your vacation destination, it will feel a little like a heatwave. The following outfits use modest clothing pieces that will still make you feel cute while staying cool:
- Floral Dress - Dresses are one of those boutique clothing items that are so versatile, we wouldn’t dream of leaving home without it. While some dresses designed for summer can be somewhat revealing, opting for a floral swing dress in a lightweight fabric, like this peachy-toned number, will have you feeling cute and covered up. Dress it up with heels and a statement necklace for a night out or keep it casual with some neutral colored sandals.
- Maxi-Skirt - Just like the dress, the maxi skirt can be worn so many different ways and for different occasions. Wear your maxi as a cover-up on the way to the beach with a sun-hat to protect that beautiful skin or pair it with a colorful v-neck and sun hat for an effortless ensemble.
- Bermuda Shorts - Nothing is worse than having to pull at your shorts all day because they keep riding up as you walk around your vacation spot. With Bermuda shorts, this is a non-issue. Long enough to keep your legs covered up and short enough to keep you cool, Bermuda shorts are a tropical island essential. Add a cute top and some strappy sandals to stay comfortable on your vacation.
Other Clothing Items to Bring:
- Two different swimsuits - Humidity can lengthen drying time, so rather than waiting for your swimsuit to dry, pack two!
- A couple of T-shirts - There’s no sense in bringing half of your wardrobe when you’ll only end up wearing a couple outfits on your vacation. Pack just two to three shirts that go with everything, so that you can mix-and-match your outfits.
- Packable rain jacket or poncho - The Family Voyage suggests packing a rain jacket just in case. It doesn’t need to be heavy just something to keep you warm and dry.
You can find more information on what to bring and the best way to pack, by visiting tripsavvy.com
Weekend Road Trip
If you weren’t able to book your fantasy getaway this year, there’s still time to get in some warm weather by way of a road trip. Road trips are inexpensive little jaunts that, if done right, the whole family can enjoy. Even if you only have time for just a weekend road-trip, a little sun and a little fresh air are always a welcome pick-me-up Here are some road trip ideas, as well as modest clothing ideas to pack for when you hit the road with your friends or family.
Where To Go
Las Vegas, Nevada
With temperatures reaching around 69 degrees in March, Las Vegas is a quick way to get warm. Bursting with activities and entertainment, world-class shows, and gourmet food, Las Vegas is the perfect weekend vacay. And if you’re not into the Las Vegas scene, the surrounding areas are popular for camping, hiking and mountain biking.
Zion National Park, Utah
Redbook offers some great ideas on what to do, as well as where to stay and eat at this stunning national park. Jill Adler says, "Hike up Weeping Rock trail to the waterfall, where you can stay dry or get drenched, depending on your mood. And check out the well-known ghost towns just south of the park in Grafton where Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was filmed."
Afterward, you can grab a bite to eat at Spotted Dog Cafe, known for its hearty breakfast buffet and outdoor dining area and which just so happens to be attached to Flanigan’s Inn. There's a treehouse on the grounds, plus a pool, hot tub, and a hiking trail the whole family can enjoy.
Enjoy this coastal drive and stay at the charming Victorian Village Inn near Ferndale. Make sure to stop for ice cream at Bonbonniere and check out the animal habitats and Redwoods at Sequoia Park Zoo. Lastly, check out The Samoa Cookhouse, that opened in 1893 and is like going back in time Food is served family-style, and kids can wander off to visit the logging museum.
What To Wear
Depending on where your traveling to and what you’re doing will affect the clothing that you bring with you. For example, if you choose to go to Las Vegas and see a show you may want to bring wear something a little fancier than just jeans and a t-shirt. With that in mind, the following are just some basic modest clothing pieces you can wear that will make traveling a little more comfortable and a lot more stylish.
- In The Car- Opt for a comfortable, yet stylish pair of moto jeggings with an elastic waistband so you can stay chic without compromising comfort. Pair with a simple t-shirt and a lightweight jacket or cardigan just in case you get cold. Shoes you can slip on and off are an essential part of road tripping.
- Out To Eat - If you’re road tripping, chances are you’ll want to stop for some real food at some point. If you have the chance to freshen up before dinner, change out of your grimy travel t-shirt for this adorable crocheted top in jade, salmon or oatmeal.
- Exploring - Road trips are all about quality time and exploring the great unknown. For days when you’ll be doing most of the traveling on foot, choose a loose t-shirt, like this lightweight v-neck boyfriend tee, leggings or Bermuda shorts, and comfortable shoes.
Wherever you’re going, we want to make sure you look great, without breaking the bank. To complete your vacation wardrobe, be sure to check out our different boutique clothing pieces, here.