The holidays are upon on us and many of us are already in “let’s get 2018 over with” mode. While this year has definitely had its ups and downs, most of us are ready to start 2019 with a bang! And what better way to ring in the new year with a chic outfit?
Whether you’re attending an upscale soiree or a down-home hangout this NYE, we know you want to make sure you dress for the part. Many boutique clothing stores online offer chic ensembles and accessories to help you start 2019 with your most stylish foot forward. We hope that this mini-guide on what to wear and where, plus a few extra tips and tricks, will help you feel the most confident wherever you are.
Just because your New Year’s Eve plans only involve a big bowl of popcorn, your remote and a cozy blanket, doesn’t mean you can’t feel pretty while you do it. If the biggest plans you have this New Year’s Eve are to luxuriate in a bathtub before you watch the ball drop on your t.v., we know exactly what type of women’s boutique clothing you’ll want to wear- which includes sequin joggers of course! Here are some ideas for what to splurge on to make you feel the coziest rolling into 2019:
- Sequin Joggers - Need we say more? These sequin joggers from Nordstrom are ultra-chic and cozy- what could be better?!
- V-Neck Boyfriend Tee - A soft, light weight top is just the thing pair with these joggers, especially since you’ll either be snuggled up with a cozy blanket and/or robe.
- Cozy Crushed Velvet Throw - Though it may not be considered an actual women’s boutique clothing item, a soft throw is just what you need to make NYE perfect. We hope that someone was nice enough to gift you a cozy blanket this year, but if not, buy yourself a little something pretty by purchasing this gorg’ throw from JCPenney.
- Faux Fur Slippers - Because you have to keep your feet warm and you might as well look cute doing it! Not a slipper fan? Just wear those cozy socks your grandma gifted you this Christmas!
Whether you’ve been invited to go to a fabulous party or a small get together with friends, we want to make sure you’re dressed to impress and that means looking your best and bringing a party favor along with you-everyone loves a good NYE snack!
Note: If the party is catered (your host will most likely let you know) you shouldn’t bring food or drink, unless asked to. Usually at these types of parties, a gift for the hostess is appropriate. If you’re not sure ask! Being prepared is always in style.
Since there is no right way to dress for New Year’s Eve and everyone has their own personal style to work with and different types of parties to go to, we are giving you some women’s boutique options to play around with this year.
Small Get Together Outfit Ideas
LiveAbout.com has put together some FABULOUS NYE women’s boutique clothing outfit ideas for almost any occasion. Just a couple of our favorites are the outfits designed for staying in with family during the holidays, dinner with friends, and date night. These trends looks something like this:
- Spending Time With The Family - Pair a cozy cable knit sweater with your most flattering pair of skinny jeans and add a faux fur vest and glittering stud earrings to keep it festive without compromising your comfort.
- NYE Dinner With Friends - If you’re going out with friends either to a dinner at someone’s house or somewhere around town, you’ll want to look stylish with your nearest and dearest. This year opt for black skinny jeans paired with a bright blazer and flowy top. Add some easy-to-walk-in booties to add some height without the problem of foot pain for when you’re walking or dancing with your best buds. This outfit is also a great for date night!
- Date Night - Are you planning on spending NYE with that special someone? Whether it’s your first date or you 100th, we’ve got the perfect outfit ensemble for you. Wear your favorite pair of skinny jeans or jeggings (you know the pair that make your butt look good) with a silky camisole top (lace optional), paired with a crushed velvet blazer and a pair of strappy heels.
Don’t Forget to Bring an Appetizer!
If you’re going to a party don’t forget to bring something to share with the other guests, especially if your host has asked you to bring something. We love using store-bought phyllo dough for our apps, they make whatever you’re “cooking up” look like you spent a whole lot more time than you did! We recommend making these super easy Baked Jalapeno Popper Phyllo Cups, that are just as fun to make as they are to eat. Or for something on the sweeter side, bring these Fancy Phyllo Cups.
Sometimes going out on New Year’s Eve calls for more formal wear. For those occasions try these head-turning women’s boutique fashions:
Play With Textures - The holiday season is all about rich, crushed velvets, sequins, and tulle which can all be combined into one show-stopping ensemble or worn separately for a more subtle effect. We love the outfit idea offered by Town & Country of pairing a mid-length tulle skirt with a rich-hued velvet top, sparkly pops and sparkly earrings!
Choose A Statement Piece - Whether you decide to go for sparkly striped bell bottom pants that fit like a dream, a shiny silver coat (sequins or velvet), or a glam sequin blazer you’ll be starting the new year right! Remember to always choose clothes that fit well, allow you to move and are comfortable. Chances are you’ll be staying up late, so you want clothes that work for and with you all night long.
Play With Patterns - If you’re not into the “glitz and glam” of NYE, try other patterns you love. This can be anything from a luxurious cheetah print coat or midi skirt , a striped button-up, or head-to-toe polka dots. It’s your party and you can dress how you want to!
Whatever your plans are for New Year’s Eve this year, we hope you look your best doing it!