When the seasons change, our skincare routine needs to change with them. Now that it’s spring, almost summer, you may have noticed that your skin is more prone to breakouts, blemishes, redness, sunburns, and even bug bites!
Super bronzed, fake tans are a fad of the past. Now more than ever, the trends are shifting for women to showcase their natural skin. We want to make sure that your skin looks radiant with a simple skincare routine and budget-friendly products that keep your skin beautiful and protected from the harmful rays of the sun.
Even with that extra hour of sunlight, you don’t want to spend it on a complicated skincare routine- use that hour or more to play in the sun with friends and family. Here is how you can simplify your skincare routine, without skipping the most important steps:
- Cleanse - Clean your face twice a day, once in the morning and before bed (no going to bed with makeup ladies!). Our favorite cleanser for all skin types, even sensitive skin is Cetaphil’s Daily Facial Cleanser or if you’re more prone to acne try Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash.
*Pro Tip - Wash your face with lukewarm, slightly cool water. Hot or cold water can be too much of a shock to the skin, causing more damage in the long run.
- Eye Cream - If you want quality eye cream that won’t keep your skin or wallet dry, Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream is great for those tired eyes that come from late summer nights.
- Exfoliate - For most skin types, exfoliating two to three time a week is just what your skin needs. Our top picks for quality exfoliators include, L'Oréal Paris Pure-Sugar Scrub Nourish & Soften, Yes To Coconut Energizing Coffee 2-in-1 Scrub & Cleanser Stick, and Acure Brilliantly Brightening Facial Scrub.
- Spot Treatment - Give Acne the boot with spot treatments that actually work. Since we are prone to sweat more during the summer, the build up of sweat and oil can cause more breakouts. Try Murad Blemish Control Spot Treatment or Neutrogena Visibly Clear Rapid Clear Treatment.
- Face Masks - Treat yo’ self after a long weekend, by indulging your skin with a fun face mask! During the summer you want your skin to feel light and fresh, these masks help you to feel refreshed after a long hot day; Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Treatment Mask and LUSH Mask of Magnaminty Face and Body Mask.
- Hydrate - Last, but definitely not least, make sure to drink water to keep your skin as smooth and as supple as possible. A good rule of thumb for the amount of water you drink is to take your weight and divide it in half, that number is the amount of water you should be consuming daily.
Let 2018, be your “Glow Up” year, by treating your skin right with products that protect and enhance your natural beauty.